Monday 26 November 2007

Paris Je T'aime


Ok, here's another quirky movie for you: Paris Je T'aime. You take 21 directors, give each 5 minutes, set it in Paris and base it around "love". The result is an interesting representation about love and Paris from different points of view. I remember reading about this movie a year ago or something, when I was still a big Natalie Portman fan. It features great directors like Tom Tykwer (True, Run Lola, Rum,..), Isabel Coixet (My life without me, The secret life of words,..) and Wes Craven (The nightmare on elm street, Scream,..), among many. The actors list is impressive as well: Steve Buscemi, Catalina Sandino Moreno, Juliette Binoche, Willem Defoe, Nick Nolte, Ludivine Sagnier, Bob Hoskins, Elijah Wood, Emily Mortimer, Natalie Portman, Gerard Depardieu,.. to name a few. There are a few sections that are a bit strange or odd, but it's just 5 min, you can get through then, believe me. I'd give it 8/10.

No comments: