Sunday 16 December 2007

Nikon D300 Exposure and Active D-Lighting


I've been reading a lot about Nikon D300 under/over exposed problem online, but so far, I can't agree with that. I've tested the cam twice now and it works perfectly. The one thing I can think of is the Active D-lighting. People aren't familiarized with this function and how it works yet. When on, ADL will alter the exposure and underexpose the image to retain more details in shadow and highlight areas. So if someone has this function ON and doesn't know about it, he/she could say the cam underexpose.
D70s did have this exposure "problem", but under is always better then over. And if you shoot in raw, it's no problem.
I'm sure owners of Nikon D300 have already found and tested the ADL and know how it works, for the rest of you, D300 doesn't have exposure problems.

No comments: