Monday 17 November 2008

Tamron 10-24mm 3.5-4.5

Today I got the long awaited Tamron 10-24mm 3.5-4.5 lens for a test drive. I had it for a few hours now and I can already say, it overtook Sigma on my "wide lens" shopping list.
First impressions were good. Solid build, good plastic, no cheap look and feel like you get on Sigma after a month use. Both focus rings are sliding nicely, not too easy and not too hard. Focus is quite fast, faster then some other Tamrons like 17-50 2.8, but not as fast as Nikon brand SWM lenses. Still, more then enough for this kind of lens imo.

I made some quick test shots. As always, Murphy was present and the weather sucked today, fog and rain, so I'm hoping for better conditions tomorrow.
All shots done on Nikon D300, NEF, exported from Lightoom with default settings as tiff, saved in Photoshop CS3 as JPG, quality setting 10.

10mm @ f3,5
Shrani.si

10mm @ f4,5
Shrani.si

10mm @ f5,6
Shrani.si

10mm @ f8
Shrani.si


Some random shots @10mm:

Shrani.si Shrani.si Shrani.si

More tomorrow..

No comments: